Wednesday 18 April 2012

Crawling

As part of my plan to switch careers (from working in education to almost anything in horticulture), I'm taking classes at Capel Manor College. I finished the RHS Level 2 course in February (word is the results are in April 27th...fingers crossed...) and in September I plan on starting the Level 3 Garden Design course. In order to do that, I have to take an 11 week course called Drawing and Graphics which I started last night. The second half of the course will involve learning how to use real drawing pens and tools, but the first half is just getting us comfortable with the idea that we can really draw despite what our brains (and maybe some unkind people) have been telling us since we were about 10 years old. Not even a walking before you can run sort of thing. We're definitely just learning how to crawl.

Ok, so it's no Piet Oudolf, but it's a start. (You can tell it's a hand, can't you??!)


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're better than you think! This from a former art/textiles student. Good luck - sounds great...

    PS...I almost sent the SWAT teams up, hostage girl :)

    ReplyDelete